Early start: Three years-old
Group lessons are FUN!
Discipline and joy
Reading notation instruction is a part of the weekly lessons
Suzuki Violin Lessons
With the Suzuki violin program, your child (as young as 3 years old) can successfully learn to play the violin beautifully using the Suzuki Method approach (see other children playing the violin). Your child will be learning by listening, imitating, and repeating sounds, just as we learn to talk. The Suzuki Method creates a partnership between the teacher, parent, and child, inspiring a fine musical ear, self-confidence, and a lifelong love of music. The "Suzuki Parent" attends all individual and group violin lessons. I will will give you all the necessary tools to help your child with daily home practicing, as well as to provide for the Suzuki music listening assignments.
No previous music or teaching experience is necessary. Watch our students' videos.
The Suzuki Method
The Talent Education music program embraces the ideals and philosophy of Dr. Shinichi Suzuki, founder of the Suzuki Method. The student, teacher and parent are the solid foundation of a learning triangle. The parent attends the lessons, creates a positive home learning environment, and organizes the daily listening and practice sessions.
No previous music or teaching experience is necessary.
How does the Suzuki Method differ from other methods?
How does Talent Education differ from other methods of teaching music to children?
Though music teachers have often used some of the elements of the Suzuki talent education method, Dr. Suzuki formulated them in a cohesive approach to teaching music to children.
Some basic differences are:
- Suzuki teachers believe that musical ability can be developed in all children.
- Students begin at young ages.
- Parents play an active role in the learning process.
- Children become comfortable with the instrument before learning to read music.
- Technique is taught in the context of pieces rather than through dry technical exercises.
- Pieces are refined through constant review.
- Students perform frequently, individually and in groups.
Academic benefits of Suzuki violin lessons
Besides learning how to play the violin beautifully, by enrolling your child in the Suzuki violin program, your child will also learn with ease to sharpen some valuable life and academic skills. Some of them are:
- Concentration and focus
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Feeling comfortable in front of an audience
How to Get Your Child Started
If you are already aware of all the academic benefits that Suzuki violin lessons will bring to your child's life and know how the Suzuki Method works, congratulations! You are one of the many happy parents who experience the joy of nurturing your child's efforts and wants him/her to succeed in music, academics, social life, and beyond. Here is how to get started:
1. Observe: Come to see for yourself how the Suzuki Method works, meet the teacher
2. Enroll: Get all info you need to enroll including tuition, lesson availability, and teacher schedules, register for parent orientation classes
3. Schedule Lesson Time: Talk to your Suzuki teacher to schedule an individual lesson time for your child and group class placement
Worth the drive?
Because of our high-quality instructional program and un-compromised commitment to excellence, we have families from all over the metroplex coming to take violin lessons at our program. Don't sacrifice excellent Suzuki music education for your children by saving gas.
These are some areas where our Suzuki music families drive from:
- Farmers Branch
- Highland Park
- University Park
- White Rock